Hey, are you upgrading your home? Let’s start by making over the soul of the house, the kitchen. The kitchen contains versatility due to its usage for entertainment, parties, get-togethers, and so on.
According to the estimate, over 75% of homeowners in the USA prefer making an investment in kitchen remodeling over the reconstruction of residential premises. Also, you will get over 110% return on the investments if you are planning to sell your property.
But, before contacting a professional kitchen remodeler, you need to make a proper plan. Just by adding or replacing some elements, you can give a new look to your kitchen space.
Are you finding our blog interesting? If yes, scroll down the page and keep on reading!
Let’s Make a Plan for Kitchen Remodeling
Here are some easy steps to plan a kitchen remodeling project before starting it. Such as:
Determining Your Needs
Before starting the renovation project, you should make a lost of what changes you want to make in your kitchen space. It will help get you the limitless options in kitchen remodeling designs. For instance:
• Do you need more storage?
• What do you have to replace in the current kitchen design?
• Do you want to change the layout and colors?
• Which part of the kitchen do you need to upgrade?
• What can make the space more functional?
Setting the budget
Before looking for a professional and reputable kitchen remodeling contractor, you need to pay attention to the budget. You must look for a design that you can afford. For example, you have set a budget of $25000. So, where will you spend it and how? Here are the tips:
• Design fees- 5%
• Flooring- 10%
• Walls and ceilings- 5%
• Cabinets and hardware- 30%
• Appliances and ventilation- 15%
• Countertops- 10%
• Faucets and plumbing- 4%
• Others- 1%
But, it’s just an estimate. You need to plan it carefully according to the design you need. If you want to focus on the flooring more than countertops, adjust the calculation accordingly. Also, you can consult with the kitchen remodelers in this regard.
Hiring a General Contractor For Kitchen Remodeling
When you are planning for kitchen renovations, hiring a reliable kitchen remodeling company is a must. You need to discuss the material, timeline, and design with them. They can suggest the best resources according to your project.
You can look for the remodeling contractor in your area or from another city that’s completely up to you. After narrowing down a few kitchen remodeling companies, ask them the following questions to find the best match. Such as:
• Is the kitchen remodeler licensed?
• Are the staff and subcontractors trained and skilled?
• Do you have the necessary permits?
• What kind of payment options do you provide?
• Can you handle the project clean up?
• Will you communicate and get in touch during the project?
It can ensure if their thoughts and style resonate with your needs that are vital to complete the project.
Check Other Details
After completion of the project, make sure to verify if your kitchen is perfectly ready to use. It will be the time for a demo:
• Check the cabinets with drawers and doors.
• Is the garbage disposal ready to use?
• Check the sink’s position and its functions.
• Verify the light fixtures, small appliances, and backsplash.
• Find if there is clogged plumbing or leak in the faucets or sink.
So, is everything is ready? If that’s so, here, the time comes to call our professionals. Our experts are ready to serve you with the best kitchen remodeling designs as you need. To get further information, you can visit our blog page.